BEST MASTICATING JUICERS IN 2020 INDIA. You can think of masticating juicers as slow speed juicers. Masticating simply means “chewing”. Masticating juicers use an extraction process that is rather slow, typically somewhere in the range of 70 to 160 RPM. The purpose is to prevent the juice from being negatively affected by oxygen.
The nice thing about masticating juicers is that they allow you to make ice creams,sorbets, smoothies, salsas, and more simply by using a homogenizing screen. With the singer gear masticating juicer, the fruits and veggies are pushed against a very slow turning screw, also known as the auger. The auger then crushes the produce against the juicing screen or sieve that separates the juice and pulp.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A SINGLE GEAR JUICERWhatever type of juicer you buy, there are certain things you are going to want to look for. Without a deep knowledge of juicers, this can be difficult so here are a few pointers:
- The appearance of the juicer is important if you want to leave it out on your work surface. You don’t want a white juicer if all of your other appliances are metallic.
- Juicers extract the juice from the pulp, and the very best juicers extract the maximum juice possible leaving the pulp dry. User reviews and opinions are great to decide if the juicer is efficient.
- Chute size. How wide is the chute of the juicer? The smaller it is, the more preparation time. Bear in mind though that If a juicer is extremely efficient, it can be worth putting up with a smaller chute.
- These juicers can be heavy, so if you need a very portable device, these may not be the most practical. Look at the weights of these juicers when making your buying decision so you are fully aware how much it will weigh.
- It’s always handy if the juicer cleanup time is short. The longer it takes to clean the juicer the less inclined you will be to use it. Look for Dishwasher safe juicers (at least the main cleanable parts).
- Finally a good juicer will last a long time. Look at the guarantee lengths and also read comments from users to decide if the juicer is durable and can withstand frequent use.
PROS OF MASTICATING JUICERS
- Generally operates quietly.
- Provides a generous yield.
- Capable of juicing wheatgrass.
- Produces quality juice because there is no heat created by friction.
- Juice can be stored in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours without a significant loss of nutrition.
- Many include extra attachments for multiple purposes.
CONS OF MASTICATING JUICERS
- The process is slow.
- Requires the fruits and veggies be chopped into smaller pieces to accommodate a smaller feed chute.
WHAT IS A MASTICATING SINGLE-GEAR JUICER?If you’ve never used or heard of a masticating single gear juicer, then it’s a good idea to learn a little about them.
Single gear or auger juicers have a slowly turning auger against which the produce is pushed onto. The fruits or veggies are crushed against the a screen so that the juice
is separated from the pulp.
When you think of masticating juicers, such as the Omega J8005 Juicer, think of slower speed juicers.
The benefit of the slow extraction process, generally about 75-85 RPM, is that it prevents excessive oxidization of the juice. Oxidation is bad for the juice because it causes a loss of nutrition. Nutrition is the name of the game.
The beauty of juicers such as these is that they let you make salsas, ice creams, and more.